Many people mistakenly think that eating healthy equals sticking to a certain diet, which is a completely wrong assumption. Healthy eating habits start with a balanced
intake of proteins, fats and carbohydrates (or carbs for short). Equally important is the nutritious quality of the products you consume. Other benefits of eating healthy will be discussed below.
Another basic rule of a healthy lifestyle is the variety of the products in your daily ration. It is strongly advised to include different sources of proteins (fish, poultry, red meat, plant-based), fats (avocado, olive oil, animal fats) and carbs (fruits, rice, potato). Naturally, you cannot imagine healthy eating without vegetables that will constitute a vital part of your meals. The general recommendation is to have at least 300 grams of vegetables every day.
Only following this guidelines will allow your body to get all the necessary vitamins, minerals and micronutrients.
Basic principles of healthy eating
When you begin to eat healthy, the first thing you need to remember is to track your calorie intake. You do not have to devoutly count every rice grain in your food throughout your whole life. Having sticked to it for a month will allow you to estimate the total consumed without religious exactitude. However, at first you will need help of a calorie calculator that are available in abundance on the Internet.
We have already described the important healthy foods that you need to include in your ration. Now, let us talk about what is incompatible with a healthy lifestyle.
- You have to take out all sweetened fizzy drinks such as Cola, Powerade and alike. They often contain a lot of sugar, conserving agents, food coloring and flavoring agents.
- Any fast-food is a strict no-no as not only do they have a lot of simple carbs but also are made with trans fats that can contribute to coronary artery disease.
- The detrimental effects of alcohol have been explained in many scientific papers. We would like to remind you that alcohol drinks are high in empty calories (calories that have zero nutritional value), cause an increase in appetite and prevent your body from getting the essential micronutrients. Besides excessive drinking destroys the body in general.
- It is also important to use salt and sugar in moderate amounts
- A healthy and balanced diet must include fresh and If you live in Marbella area and do not have time or desire to track the calories and weigh the food every day then Greenmeal meal prep and healthy food delivery is just the right service for you. Tasty, healthy and diversified menu will impress anyone who want to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Undeniable pros of eating healthy
Healthy and balanced eating helps prevent such diseases as diabetes, hypertension as well as cardiac diseases that are caused by obesity. Healthy eating habits lead to the improvement of digestion, skin condition and overall well-being.
Besides improving the quality of life, a healthy lifestyle also increases your life expectancy.
Today many neglect their health in favor of self-indulgence. On top of that, the current lightning pace of life, snacking on the go and constant lack of time lead to poor food choices. As a result of complete unawareness about healthy eating men and women acquire a slew of medical problems as early as at 35-40 years of age.
If you want to live a long, healthy and complete life you have to make your nutrition healthy and balanced, add exercising and adopt a strong and healthy mindset.
By ordering your meals at Greenmeal you will always be happy and healthy!